Thursday, August 19, 2010

Blog About a Blog


Rachael told me about this site http://newdressaday.wordpress.com/ Her name is Marisa and she is doing a Julie and Julia. 365 Days, 365 Dresses, 365 Dollars. She only buys used and vintage and remakes them for that day's outfit. Some of the makeovers are amazing. However the snark in me says if I had to make an outfit before I went out everyday, I'd spend a lot of time at home. Plus, where I live, I can't find dresses to makeover for a buck. And wouldn't they smell? So she must wash a batch of them at a time or she'd smell like Goodwill. Don't get huffy, you know Goodwill has it's own scent. Just saying. Plus she's cute and thirty. She'd look good in a grocery bag. Now having said all that, I am impressed. The energy of youth.

Before



After

Before


After

She also had a recipe for 5 minute Chocolate Mug Cake. Yeah, like I needed to know this existed in the world. Sigh, of course I hustled right into the kitchen and made some.




It called for a regular coffee mug, but I used a soup mug, so it didn't rise as much.








I topped it with a teaspoon of lingonberry preserves from IKEA. Oooh, an IKEA reference!




I tweaked the recipe a bit. I used splenda instead of sugar and only one tablespoon of oil. It tasted great and the texture is a cross between cake and a cake brownie. Original recipe follows:


5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (microwave safe)

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly before pouring the milk and oil in. Keep mixing and add the chocolate chips and vanilla and mix again. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for three minutes. The cake will rise over the top of the mug. Allow to cool a little and tip it out on to a plate if desired. Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment