Thursday, August 26, 2010

Getting Ready for School

There is a certain crispness in the air and the sumac is changing colors. Fall is around the corner. I went to two days of training this week, all about early childhood. One day was spent learning about sleep disorders in children and how the symptoms are so similar to ADHD. But that is for another blog. Yesterday's training was about dramatic play in preschool and kindergarten. The speaker was so dynamic. She has developed a way to observe children's play and how to increase the quality of play with prompts and in how you set up centers. Her name is Dr. Lea McGee.

I get so excited when its time to go back to school. I suppose that's a good thing since school has been my business for 25 years or so. Now the wheels are turning and I am thinking of all the ways I can adapt this information for our early elementary special education rooms.



My fantasy classroom via Google Images


Another one via Google Images

My birthday is tomorrow and I bought myself the bracelet below from Overstock.com. It has my birthstone. the peridot, and little silver flowers. I love it. Happy Birthday to me!Rachael and Pete went to a "pop-up" flea market in Chicago last weekend with their friends Kim and Scott. See what they bought on Kim and Scott's blog at http://www.yellowbrickhome.com/ The flea market is put on by an organization called http://www.thevintagebazaar.com/ They arrange these pop up fleas periodically in the Chicago area. I'm going to keep an eye out for the next one. It looks like fun,


Pop up flea market via The Vintage Bazaar


1 comment: