Monday, September 20, 2010

Pond Hill Farm

I finally got my act together yesterday and drove up to Pond Hill Farm. They plan the big pumpkin harvest this week but they had a few to choose from anyway. There was plenty of squash though.






The highlight of my visit was the piglet races, hee-hee. They built a maze for the pigs to run through. Here they are gathered at the gate ready to fly like the wind.


They take off at a slow trot.





A few began to lose interest at the turn and started to snuffle and graze on the grass. Highly expert handlers shooed them along. It was riveting!!





I came home with gourds, squash and pumpkins. My condo looks very festive now.
Check out their website at www.pondhill.com They have tons of fun stuff planned for this fall - hayrides, the squash rocket and of course pig races!!



No comments:

Post a Comment