Thursday, September 16, 2010

Woman Can Woman Do!

I went to a benefit luncheon yesterday for the Woman's Resource Center. They run a safe house, preschool program and provide rape support. They also run a resale shop. This lunch is their major fundraiser for the year. Imagine 350 women at 46 tables. Each table was decorated by local businesses and designers. I should have taken more pictures because the tables were incredible! Each person also got a favor based on their table's theme.

I missed taking a picture of my table. It was designed by a dress shop called Threads. The centerpiece was a Project Runway like cocktail dress made of fashion magazines. Our table favor was a lacy thong. Hmmmmm. I wish I'd been sitting at the Kilwin's chocolate table. The only one at our table excited was the 80 year old great grandma from Mackinac Island. The cause is good, the company enjoyable and everything was beautiful to see.
. .
















No comments:

Post a Comment