Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Weekend in Chicago

I spent the weekend with Rachael and Pete.  I had a fabulous time!  I took the train from Grand Rapids for the first time and not only was it slick, it was cheap.  I had to take a pic of Sammy.  She had just had her summer hair cut.  She is a big fluffy girl and she gets shorn for the hot weather.  They left her head all pouffe and now she looks like a bobble head.

I went to see Rachael in a concert on Sunday.  She was a soloist in a concert in Northfield.  It was all French composers.  She sang Pie Jesu from Faure's Requiem.  It is one of my favorites and she sang it beautifully if I say so myself.


Yesterday we went to the new modern wing of the Art Institute.  It is very beautiful, a study in windows and light. 
I t is very open with a lot of space
Via here
Via here
At times it seems sparse and the skyline was a more attractive view, especially in the room where the paintings were all white.
Though I did enjoy the Chagall's and Miro's.
 Via here
Via here
We ate lunch at the Terzo Piano restaurant at the top of the museum.  The food was yummy and the view is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment