Thursday, July 14, 2011

Nubs Nob, iPads and Sunflowers

Yesterday was a perfect summer day.  I started off with a work related meeting.  What?  Teachers work in the summer.  No, No, they play all summer and expect a year round salary!  Now when I tell you what I did all morning, don't hate me.  I belong to our assistive technology committee at Char -Em.  We meet monthly to discuss new technology and how it helps students access curriculum.  We wrote a proposal to have iPads to use with students and collect data on how kids learn using the iPad.  So I spent the morning yesterday becoming familiar with my new iPad!  I will spend the summer uploading educational apps.  I already know which students I will use it with.  I am so excited!  I will also lend it to special education teachers in my districts when I am not using it.  I want this baby to be used all day long.


 
Via Mashable


After my meeting I went to the annual art fair at Nubs Nob.  I love this one, there are so many talented vendors.  I brought a little cash to keep me from going crazy.  Guess what?  They take checks and credit cards.  Hmmmmm.  I could not resist this painted suitcase table.  Marsha Reed had so many fabulous pieces. She doesn't have a website but you can reach her at skiplett@comcast.net





I also bought this very fun lamp.  Remember I have been looking for unique lamps and boy this one is a beauty.  It comes from the people at Heather Lane Pottery.  I am so in love with this lamp!







I ended my day at my weekly painting class.   We are painting floor cloths with big beautiful sunflowers.  I love painting sunflowers!  They make me happy.  I told my painting friends about the painted suitcase table and we may attempt to do one as well.  Yeah!!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool table and lamp! And during the summers, you can lend out the iPad to your daughters, right? j/k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect day! I love the table and lamp!

    ReplyDelete