Friday, September 2, 2011

Birthday Weekend Recap

I spent last weekend with my girls in Chicago to celebrate my birthday.  Amber and I drove into Chicago Friday night.  We stayed with Rachael and Pete.  Saturday we went to Soak spa for an afternoon of pampering.  The girls bought me a massage, body scrub and a manicure.  They also got treatments.  Rachael brought fixings for Mimosas and a good time was had by all.  We ate lunch at a little Cuban place across the street, admiring our nails.


Thank you Rach for covering my age spots.

We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping.  Amber and I found a killer sale at Bloomingdale's - 40% off the already marked down price.  Yeah!  We worked up an appetite and I wanted to go to Francesca's Fiorno for dinner.  We'd been before and I loved it then.  They've redone the interior and changed the menu.  It's now mostly small plates and the food is wonderful.  We all loved the risotto the best.  Even though the picture below makes it look a little like barf.  It was sooo good.

Via here

Here is Pete enjoying his after dinner port, pinky high.

Me and my girls!

On Sunday we went to the Randolph Street Market that runs on weekends in the summer.  It was crazy fun.  We picked and poked around the many booths.

Via here

Here is Amber and Rachael checking out some bobbles.  We all bought some very fun costume jewelry.  There was also an amazing collection of Mid Century Modern furniture - you know, from the 1950's just like me.

Via here

Thanks girls and Pete!  I had the best time.  And thanks a heap Mike for babysitting the kiddos so Amber could play!  Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment