Monday, February 20, 2012

Grilled Cheese Sandwich Heaven


I found the picture below at Where the Lovely Things Are and it got me to thinking.  I love grilled cheese sandwiches.  I love plain old cheese only, all melted and gooey, dunked in a bowl of tomato soup.  However, the lovely beauties below sound awesome.  What's your favorite combination?


Grilled cheese and mushroom wonderfulness
Via  here
Here's one with caramelized apples and cheddar cheese.
Via  here

I love tomato and basil - a caprese grilled cheese.
Via here
This one has a little heat with jalapeno peppers.
Via  here
How about mascarpone and apricot jam on brioche French toast?
Via  here

2 comments:

  1. Giada suggests using sliced mozarella sprinkled with rosemary, then smothered in raspberry preserves. Then as you grill on your panini maker, sprinkle brown sugar on the outside to make a crust on the outside of the bread.

    ReplyDelete