Monday, March 12, 2012

Springy Weekend

There is a saying that if you don't like the weather in northern Michigan, wait five minutes.  One week ago we had a two foot snowstorm and this weekend it was top down weather.  Now, you have to realize it was in the 50's, but I did see my first convertible with its top down on Sunday.  I also saw a man with a kayak on his back walking down the main drag.  Saturday, I went to dinner at Whitecaps Restaurant in Petoskey with a friend and her son and his wife.  It was a beautiful mild evening.

After dinner we went to a production of Romeo and Juliet put on by the Grand Rapids Ballet company.  It was a beautiful modern take on the story.  The staging was minimal but very powerful.   We are so lucky to have these opportunities in our little town.  They played to a full house as well.

Sunday was a running errands day.  I went to Bob In Again to buy some green root beer for a certain young man.  I also took the time to have a Reuben hot dog and a shamrock shake.  Yum!
Via  here

On Sunday night I make a batch of this leprechaun cookie bark to bring to school.  Remember my New Year's resolution?  I'm still making goodies on Sunday to bring to one lucky school the next morning.

All in all a good weekend and a glimpse of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment