Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mommy Made it Monday

Hello, Stranger! It's been awhile since I have blogged, working full time sapped all the energy out of me. Which was unacceptable. Which is why I quit my job! Whoopee!! So this leaves me with more time to actual do all the things I pinned on Pinterest, go to all the places with Miss L I got to take MII to, and actually cook dinner. Cooking so far has been the scariest part of me staying home. Digging out my freezer has been an archaeological nightmare. I have frozen meat in there from 2 years ago! (You know, right about the time I went back to work full time.......) So I have been trying to use up what is still edible in my freezer before I go all Costco again. This was this Monday's successful recipe, as found at The Crockin' Girls.


Broccoli-Cheese Chicken

4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 (10 oz) cans broccoli-cheese soup
1/2 c. milk

Directions:
  1. Add all of the ingredients to your crock pot that you have sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. Salt and pepper to suit your taste.
  3. Cook for about 4 hours on high. Stir occasionally.
 Now I don't have a fancy camera to take pictures of my food, so I "borrowed" this photo from Sandra's Recipes, since The Crockin' Girls didn't have a photo either. I followed the recipe as is, and the family enjoyed it. Looking back through some of the comments though, there are several variations I am going to have to try, shredding the chicken and serving it in a bread bowl, adding crumbled bacon, lots of good ideas! Anyway, here's to more happy crocking!

1 comment: