Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mommy (and Daddy, and M) Made It Monday

Well I didn't cook last night. It was Cub Scouts and M had a friend over so we did build your own pizzas. But we did make something! Part of the Craftsman badge requirements is to build a frame or display case. When I was a girl scout, we earned badges we sewed onto a sash or vest. Boy scouts earn belt loops to go on their belts. No sewing required! However if you are skinny you have lots of loops that don't fit. Then, when you become a Boy Scout, you don't wear the loops anymore. Which lead us to come up with a belt loop display case. I got the idea from Cub Scout Crafts, but the photo is the mock up Mike and I made for last night.


5 comments:

  1. It looks great. I'm glad it turned out so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a lot of great ideas! I have a couple more from your site I want to do over the summer just for fun. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  2. I'm looking at having my cub scout camp work on a similar project. Can you provide me with details?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used the website below's plans. He has a pretty good how to on his website. We altered the colors/finish based on the boys preference. Let me know if you have any other questions!


      http://cubscoutcrafts.com/belt-loop-and-pin-display-case/

      Delete
    2. The link to the plans no longer works. Do you remember any specifics (measurements, how to allttach the rope/twine, what the back is made of, etc.)?

      Delete