Monday, September 3, 2012

Pinterest Challenge: The Results

On Thursday I posted a challenge to myself, complete 5 Pinterest projects with stuff I already own. Here are the results!

1. The Basket Weave Card. I decided to combine 2 projects, the basket weave from scraps and a 3-D paper butterfly project I wanted to do a while back. This is what I came up with:
I am unsure if I completely like it. Mike wasn't sure about the brown background. I may modify, I can't decide.

2.The finished Fairy Garden. I transplanted the overgrown Impatiens (which means I probably killed them), and added the lovely fairy furniture I purchased from Fox Specialty Services (Mr. Fox himself included a hand written thank you note, so cute!).
Before
After!
3. Break in 3 pairs of flats with chunky socks and a hair dryer. Well, I don't have a photo for this, my results were somewhat mixed. It's not an easy process. The shoes were uncomfortable to begin with, so stuffing them onto my feet along with a pair of ridiculously ugly polar fleece socks, then blow drying them till my feet sweat was a painful process. They are still tight. I will attempt a second stretch, but I am not sold on this process.

4. Button Lampshade. I did not get to this project, we went to the Zoo instead. But I did make Corn Bread Corn Dogs from Happy Good Time Blog, except they had a fabulous looking home-made corn bread recipe and I used Jiffy. And I made big muffins, not minis.
  
5. Martha's Muffin Pan Potatoes Gratin. Mine did not look nearly as pretty as Martha's, but hey, they tasted good! I did not pair them with steak, chicken, or sauteed fish, we had them with Sloppy Joe's. We weren't very fancy pants tonight.

And voila! I did it, sort of. Five more things I can cross off Pinterest as having completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment