Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Mike's Birthday Dragon Cake

Happy Birthday, Mike!

So it's my husband's birthday today, and Miss L wanted to bake him a cake.
Me: "What kind of a cake do you want, chocolate, vanilla, funfetti..."
Mike: "White on white, and make something fun shaped."
Me: "Ummmm, ahhh....."
Give some fabric or a glue gun, and I can muddle through almost any craft with decent results. Cake decorating? Not so much. And as Miss L is only 4, there is only so much we can do. So I asked Miss L what she wanted to make for her dad.
Miss L: "PURPLE DRAGON! A BIG purple dragon."
Huh.
So I googled dragon cakes, here were my top 3 faves.

Mike's Amazing Cakes via Foodiggity


Dragon Cake by Roxanne Carr via Elfwood


Unknown (Possibly MadHouse Bakes by Tonya Alvey) via This Annoying Site

I did find kid dragon birthday cakes, and we gave it our best! Miss L loves it, so I guess that's the point, right?
Our almost Pinstrosity:





No comments:

Post a Comment